Scott ‘The Ripper’ Jeslis
I’ve been a life long resident of the suburbs South to Southwest of Chicago, Illinois — USA. My day job is Software Development.
My first foray into Hard Rock/Heavy Metal came in 1976 when my initial favorites were Led Zeppelin’s “Kashmir” and Kiss’ “Calling Dr. Love” played on a local Chicago FM radio station.
Originally I was brought on to provide another musical angle to the reviews sections. Lately, I’ve since then been helping with Web site support, DJing, helping with the day-to-day business matters while also being the “silent host” of the “Hairbanger’s Hairspray Show”.
Other things that occupy my time other than family and Music are volunteer work, computer jockeying, playing PC games (mostly MMORPGs).
My Music “Resume”
My best friend since High School was and still is an excellent guitar player. He taught me a lot of music theory as well as how to break down the structure of a song. I ended up goofing around with a bass guitar for a while during college (a black Fender like Steve Harris’ from Iron Maiden).
My musical tastes range from Classical to AOR (Adult Oriented Rock) to Hard Rock to Neo-Classical Instrumental to Jazz Fusion. Typically I get into anything with a guitar solo, violin solo, or sometimes just a well-produced album.
I just wanted to let everyone know that I have more than a passing interest in music! In fact, outside of my family and friends, it’s been a major part of my life. I hope one day, through my actions at the station, to somehow influence a small portion of your musical life too!
Top Favorites Of 2018 (No Particular Order)
- Saxon – Thunderbolt
- Judas Priest – Firepower
- Michael Schenker Fest – Resurrection
- Lipz – Scaryman
- Halcyon Way – Bloody But Unbowed
- Dee Snider – For The Love Of Metal
Top Favorites Of 2017 (No Particular Order)
- Striker (Canada) – Striker
- Firewind – Immortals
- Sleazy RoXxX – Topless Suicide
- Adrenaline Mob – We The People
- Unleash The Archers – Apex
- Absolva – Defiance
- Jack Starr’s Burning Starr – Stand Your Ground
- Masqued – A Light In The Dark
- Jeff Scott Soto – Retribution
- Gods Of Silence – Neverland
- Wraith – Revelation
- L/A/ Guns – The Missing Piece
- Sons Of Apollo – Psychotic Symphony
- Tony MacAlpine – Death Of Roses
- Pretty Boy Floyd – Public Enemies
- SnakeEyeS – Metal Monster
- Hell In The Club – See You On The Dark Side
- Vandroya – Beyond The Human Mind
- MindMaze – Resolve
- Labyrinth – Architecture Of A God